Sunday, August 30, 2009

Protective Styles






Protective Styles









Basically, any hairstyle that doesn't brush up against your clothes is a protective style.






OK, so right now I have Shoulder Length hair. Its at that critical length where I have to be extra conscious of my ends, so I don't have any breakage or split ends. I have been trying out up-do's, braids, and braid outs as styles to help protect my hair. I don't put my hair in Buns because I don't like the way they look on me but that is also one style that is considered a protective style.






Wearing scarves and head wraps are beneficial in protecting your hair. Straw hats that allow your scalp to breathe during the humidity, and wearing a straw hat throughout the summer seasons are also protective styles. Braids extensions protect the hair and will be a good hair growth investment if the extensions are not put in very tight.









When your hair reaches shoulder length, it's the most vulnerable, since your hair will be making contact with your clothes. This is the time to wear your hair off the shoulders. When the hair grows at least 3-4 inches past the shoulders, it is not so vulnerable to break.
The ends of your hair will not be sweeping against your clothing but will be lying on your clothing. This is less friction against your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment